Tuesday 17 November 2009

inspiring me today

now as you get to know me you will learn that i am always excusing my lack of photography skills. and this is no acception. although i have a little excuse that it was taken from a blackberry mobile, so it would be a little worse than normal. AND it is a photo of a photo, and a very old black and white photo at that.

a little bit of blurb behind this photo - this photo hangs on my inspiration board in my workroom every day. every day i look at it. i love this photo. this is a photo of my mum and dads first home together, a flat in londons east ham. now you are only going to get the 'gist' is this photo due to the quality, but i think thats all you need to get. i think you're going to understand where i am coming from with this beautiful photo. as i say, i always look at this photo.. but today i got an extra twinge of inspiration and love. 


i love the wallpaper, the big chair in the corner, the shape of the lampshade. and what is comicle is that i have always loved the design of this room yet my mum and dad never really understand why. to them they would never have this decor again, myself and a lot of people out there would have this today. would you?? maybe everything apart from the fireplace... what do you think??


i would love to see this photo in colour, but maybe it wouldn't then have as much charm.

- lucy x 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment