Wednesday 2 December 2009

Inspirational and creative quest

Well, it's been a while since I have stopped by this personal blog of mine. I feel the need for my fingers to do the talking today... so I think this will be a rambling one.


It's been a busy time for me in my fabric world, I have been sourcing our vintage pieces each and every day for months now. This week I am giving my self a bit of a break from that. I feel the need to get in touch with my creative self this week. Get inspired. I have met some wonderful people over the last few weeks, so I've been chatting to them. Reading lots of books and magazines for visual inspirations, and of course the inspiration of words. 


A book that I have been in love with so far this week for it's visual inspiration is one of my all time fav's:


http://www.belsizesquare.com.au/store/images/uploads/847828921.jpg 

And this book, that I bought ages and ages ago and have sadly neglected since then:


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhit6xDePfcxMT55dj_ZwhCsv5vYSG01EKOq5BJKLYfm7IMH02Fp6nvvmBMK_ncq8obc4txuycqsSDbMvB4EPU9N3zaXFHtE24W73lbjEOK-GmvNr1apWYRG_BXWWghqiV7HeOmAknbM00/s400/Cacharel_01.jpg 

I love how this book shows off pattern within fashion.The story within this book is wonderful too.. I recommend.

I've also really been enjoying music, 'The Best of The Specials' for a bit of fun. Along with Daniel Merriweather's album 'Love and War'. Having time to sit and reflect whilst listening to music is a real luxury amongst the madness of normal, hectic life.

After the fair on Sunday that Lucy Loves Fabric attended I have been re-sorting our workroom. Here are a few pics of our stall if you are interested: 

 
  
  
It was great fun and we met some wonderful people, lots of people have got in contact with us since Sunday which is wonderful. Thank you.


Is everyone looking forward to Christmas?? I have been planning on doing some baking. Something else I want to indulge a little research in this week. At the moment I have home-made cookies cooking and scenting my kitchen.... yummy....


The blog that I am loving giving my chance time to catch up on is Decor8. FULL to the brim of inspiration. 


Anyway my lovelies. It was just a quick stop by... my cookies are now nearly ready!! : ) If you have time stop by www.lucylovesfabric.com as I have uploaded some new stock if you are interested.


Stay creative! 


- Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment